Monday, April 5, 2010

Fan Art Forum! Cyclops!



It's time for another installment of the Fan Art Forum! Got a drawing of your favorite mythological character? Want to see it posted online? Send me your drawing!



I recently did an appearance at the library at East Elmhurst in Queens where I showed the kids how to draw some of the characters in Zeus and Athena. This terrific drawing of a cyclops comes from Ovidio, who finished it up after I left and asked the librarian to send it to me. Great job, Ovidio! By the way, I don't know if Ovidio knows this, but he was made for mythology. He shares a name with Ovid, the famous Roman writer who gave us the Metamorphoses, one of the most famous ancient sources we have of Greek myths. A lot of what happens in my newest book, Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess, comes from sources provided by Ovid.

It looks like we have another famous Ovid(io) on our hands! If you'd like to see your own drawing here, please send me a scan of it (if you can) and a few words and we'll post it. I'd love to see your drawings!

1 comment:

  1. It's odd, because that picture looks so familiar. I can't figure out what author's book's interpretation of a Cyklops it's based on...

    ReplyDelete