Thursday, January 29, 2015

ARES ARISE! Guest Post #4-- Reilly Brown!

The fourth in a daily celebration by awesome cartoonists of the much-maligned god of war himself, Ares, on the occasion of the publishing of Olympians Volume 7, Ares: Bringer of War.  Today's entry: Reilly Brown!
 
 Reilly brings the power to this imposing portrait of the god of war. Reilly has worked on a whole slew of Marvel characters, but he's probably best known for his work on the Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool, where he co-created Bob, the Agent of Hydra. In addition to his many Marvel gigs he has his creator-owned digital comic Power Play,  draws the Fred van Lente written St George for Dark Horse, and is the current artist on DC comics relaunch of Lobo. It is also alleged that Reilly sleeps at some point, though, even after sharing a studio space with him for years, I've seen no evidence of that occurring. Check out more of his stuff at his tumblr.

3 comments:

  1. Simply stunning! So menacing, so imposing! I'm incredibly privileged to have a Reilly Brown drawing of Maleficent. How lucky am I? And now one of my favorite artists supporting another. Uber kewl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning! So menacing, so imposing! I'm incredibly privileged to have a Reilly Brown drawing of Maleficent. How lucky am I? And now one of my favorite artists supporting another. Uber kewl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? I'd love to see that maleficent! Did you know that Reilly and I are studiomates?

    ReplyDelete