Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #50

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from January of 2007.

Some of my designs I've really had to work at; others arrived like a bolt out of the blue, fully realized and rendered. That was the case for my Titans-- all I knew was that I wanted something to evoke the beauty and grandeur of Greek Vase paintings, and this is what came out. With the exception of a one-off drawing or two of a human-looking Kronos (for my proto-Olympian project) the above piece is the first drawing I ever did of a Titan. Done!

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment