Monday, June 27, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #63

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks every day until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from February of 2007.

A double page spread from the sketchbooks today. showing a little bit of my creative process. I tend to draw a lot of these 'key scenes', and next to them I jot down pieces of connected text. Asa writer who also draws, this has proven to be the best method for me to work that I've discovered so far. When I've filled up about a million or so pages with this sort of thing, I pull it all together into a thumb-nailed book with a more or less completed script.

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment