Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sketchbook Sneak Peek: Hades



For the past few weeks I've been hard at work on Olympians Book 4: Hades (tentatively subtitled The Wealthy One) so lately I've been logging a lot of sketchbook time trying to cement the look of the titular bad boy himself, Hades. I've drawn him before of course-- he plays a fairly prominent role in Zeus: King of the Gods, for instance-- but this is his first time stepping into a starring role, and as a result he has to look just right. Here are a few of my more recent, more successful depictions of the gloomy god of the Underworld.

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing artist!
    YOur Apprentice,
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I wouldn't say Haides is a bad boy though. I usually depict him as being really gloomy and shadowy (living in a palace named after the god of darkness wouldn't exactly be bright and cheery, would it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Jakob, aside from his kidnapping of Persephone, I would agree with you that Hades is not a bad god-- I meant "bad boy" in the cool sense.

    ReplyDelete