Friday, July 1, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #67

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks every day until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from February of 2007.




Hot on the heels of yesterday's sketch of Impetuous Zeus, which was, as I wrote, the first time I felt I 'got' Zeus as a character, is this shot of Zeus from the opposing page in the same sketchbook. What I see here is that at this point, while I may had finally figured out Zeus's face, his aegis was still awhile off. Looks like he's wearing a mink stole.

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment