Thursday, April 8, 2010

Guest Artist Gallery: Erin Stead



It's been a while since I posted a new Guest Artist Gallery of the Gods (but you all did catch my special addendum of Reilly Brown's Kid Typhon, right?) so I figured we were due a new installment. Today we will leave the hallowed halls of comcs for my other artistic love: Picture books. Please enjoy illustrator Erin Stead's depiction of the Moirae (that's the Fates to you and me, bub).



Here's what Erin has to say about her choice:
"from left to right you have Klotho, Lakhesis, and Atropos. They are my favorite because everyone else (gods, goddesses, whatever) can think that they have some control over who they eat or kill or love– but it's really up to these three nosy old ladies. "

Erin and I first met around 8 years ago, where we both worked at Books of Wonder in NYC. She and her husband, the author and illustrator Philstead (always say it as one word) now reside in Ann Arbor, with their dog Wednesday, but they both secretly wish they were back in the Big Apple. Erin's first picture book, written by that Philstead character is A Sick Day for Amos McGee and is due out May25th from Roaring Brook Press. Reserve a copy now-- it (and the Steads) are destined for greatness with this one. You read it here first!



Check out Erin's blog for more of her beautiful art!

EDIT! Just forwarded to me by her editor is this awesome review of Amos McGee from SLJ, with many other links to many other cool stuff. You're going to be hearing a lot more about this book!

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see a different take on these gals!

    I'll check out her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely check her stuff. Uh Maize Ing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some sweet stuff...very cool. I'll have to go and check out her site.

    ReplyDelete