Friday, May 6, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #11

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from September of 2006.


Today's piece brings us back to the many moods of the King of the Gods. I still hadn't worked out how I was going to draw Zeus, facial-wise, but there is another idea going on here that I rediscovered while perusing my old sketchbooks that I kind of wish had made it into the finished books. If you look at the really angry shot of Zeus here, his hair has gone dark-- the idea was that when he was calm, he'd have white fluffy hair, but if something made him mad, his hair would go all dark and stormy, like clouds. Too bad I didn't keep that little twist in the books. Oh well.

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I might just borrow (*cough* steal *cough*)that dark hair idea for the Classical Club. Thanx.

    ReplyDelete