Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #15

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from sometime in latish 2006.


Today's drawing is a couple of shots of Hera herself, from a point in time when I was playing with a more cartoony style of illustration for Olympians. Looking through my sketchbooks as I've been doing, and I can see that my whole... what's the word I'm looking for here? My whole career(?) has been a bouncing back and forth between my more cartoony and more 'realistic'styles. I quite like these doodles, if I do say so myself.

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment