Saturday, May 14, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #19

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from sometime in latish 2006.

Today's post is going up very late because, well, I was running around all day and forgot to do it in the AM due to Saturday morning laziness. Which is a shame, because I really kind of dig this doodle of early Zeus, even if it does look like he's punching a giant floating eye . The King of the Gods pictured here has now safely moved past his cartoony face period, but is still in his his hair-turns-to-dark-storm-clouds when he's angry phase. Man, looking back, I wish I had kept that idea in the final books.

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment