Thursday, May 19, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #24

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from sometime in latish 2006.


Two drawings in one! On the left, an early design of Aphrodite, dressed as she often appears in ancient sculpture (but not how she'll ever appear in Olympians-- too skimpy); on the right, another shot of my so-far unused design for the half-snake mother of monsters, Echidna (you can see another example of her design here). Note that Echidna's curled her long snake neck around itself like a scarf-- she looks like a scaly Cruella deVille. I have to use this design somewhere.


Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment