Saturday, May 21, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #26

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from sometime in latish 2006.


Another across the spread of my sketchbook piece today. Sorry 'bout the crease. When I'm working on a book, the first step for me is draw "key scenes"-- just doodles of images that I'd like to include in the story. After I draw a bunch of these key scenes, I take them and try to assemble them into a panel by panel page layout. This drawing, of Ouranos the sky above Mother Earth, ended up making it only slightly altered as part of teh spread on pages 2-3 of Zeus: King of the Gods. Go on and check your copy, I'll be right here.



Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment