Monday, May 23, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #28

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from sometime in latish 2006.


Wow, look at that! 28 days in a row! If this were February, that'd be a full month of sketchy Olympians goodness! Today's piece is an early, rather haughty looking Hades. He's a bit doughier here than he looks in the finished books, but aside from that I'm amazed how on-model he looks for such an early date. Speaking of Hades, I just got first proofs for the upcoming Hades: Lord of the Dead this past Friday, and it looks swee--eeet! You folks are gonna love this one.


Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment