Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #36

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from January of 2007.


I have dozens of these, but I'll only be posting this one page. This is one of a series of thumbnails for the aborted opening sequence to Olympians-- the Assembled Olympians sitting around discussing the absent Zeus.  Clearly visible here are Hera, Demeter, Poseidon and Dionysos.  My next batch of sketches is from a sketchbook from January of 2007 and marks the transformation of my proto-Olympians idea to what would eventually become Zeus. This sequence was the last hurrah for the old idea.

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment