Sunday, May 22, 2011

A-Sketch-a-Day-Until-Hera #27

Olympians Book 3, Hera: The Goddess and Her Glory is finally coming out July 19th. To commemorate this momentous occasion I will be posting a drawing from my enormous cache of sketchbooks each weekday until Hera hits the shelves. I'll be going through them chronologically, with today's piece coming from a sketchbook from sometime in latish 2006.


Today's piece is a kind of funny-looking Hermes, doing his best bunny rabbit impersonation. I should have run this one on Easter. Worth mentioning is that these sketchbook doodles are the only place you will see the God of Liars' eyes in Olympians, at least until his own book comes out, when I'll finally reveal their color. Any guesses?

Follow george_oconnor_ on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Hermes is my absolute favorite of the Greek Gods~

    Now, a gander at his eye color, let's see... Seeing that Perseus and Athena, both of whom were Zeus' children but from different women, both had eyes that were fairly close to a shade of blue (Athena looked more like a greyish-blue to me), I have to take a gander that since Hermes is also Zeus' child but by another woman, his eyes are a shade of light blue. e 3 e

    But then again, that's just a guess :P

    Hermes grant me luck on getting this right
    ~(o 3 o)~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some kind of light blue, I'm guessing? Since his father is the god of the sky and his mother was a mountain nymph whose dad holds UP the sky. And he has those winged sandals of awesomeness that enable him to fly through the sky.
    A lot of sky-related stuff in this family.
    Of course, I've read other books where his eyes are described as silver (possibly because of the whole mercury/quicksilver thing that was named after his Roman form), and that would also be extremely cool, although undoubtedly weird.

    ReplyDelete